Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday Madnesss.


Monday Madness…it was as if this journal topic cursed me today.


This morning started out pretty quiet for me and the babies. I’ve had a sucking chest cold that is slowly killing me by making it impossible to breathe. It doesn’t help that there are so many funny ladies on this site that make me laugh which causes me to have huge coughing spasms. So I’ve been staying home and trying to learn how to laugh again without coughing.

The problem with this plan is that sometimes I need to go to the post office for my eBay store. I had a package today that I’ve been putting off mailing for a week. It needed to go to Canada, which meant a trip to the post office for me. My DH has the same office hours as the PO so waiting until he comes home is not an option. If I had been smart, I would have gone this morning. Hell, if I had the IQ of a hamster I would have mailed it on Sat. when I could have gone to the PO by myself. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. I went to the PO after school with all four kids. My reasoning, I have to go pick up the girls so I’ll be out anyway and usually the PO isn’t that busy anyway.

This is where the curse enters the picture. I had to drive around the parking lot of the PO for 3 times before finding a space. When we got into line, there were already 17 people ahead of us. Of course, each of these 17 people was trying to send chemicals to Iraq or something equally funky. Not one of them just needed stamps! Not unless it was stamps hand painted by Picasso that had the self-sticky back. Then two of the clerks decided to go on break…leaving one window open…HELLO! Can you at least wait on the angry people trying to send chemicals to Iraq? The fact that I was doped up on cold medication probably didn’t effect my perception of what was going on at all.

Amazingly, my kids were pretty good considering the situation. They sat on the floor and played with each other. They got a bit noisy but it’s not as if we were in the library. The guy behind me kind of wanted to say something but he never did. A wise decision on his part.

After what seemed like hours, but in reality was probably not more than a few minutes, we made it to the front of the line. The kids were about ready to climb the walls but they held it together long enough for me to pay and get out of the lobby of the PO.

When we got to the car, I found three of the cards that the PO puts on their boxes to show which ones are empty in Lukey's pockets. Whoops...guess I wasn’t watching my little demons as well as I should have been.

No comments: